9 Wedding shoe mistakes to avoid
1. That sinking feeling. Getting married outside and wearing a stiletto. Make sure you invest in some heel stoppers so your aren't sinking as you walk towards your groom.
2. Not breaking them in. Don't make the wedding day the first day you wear the shoe. Break them in at home - and if you don't want your groom to see them wear some socks over the outside of the shoe!
3. Slippery soles. If your flooring is parquet or polished wood then be aware it can be slippery. Either use sandpaper to rough up the sole or buy some grips.
4. Going for a high heel. If you haven't worn these lots then don't make your wedding day the day to learn. A great alternative is a wedge that gives you the height without the unsteadiness of a stiletto.
5. Compromising comfort for style. We absolutely want you to have stylish shoes but make sure they are comfortable. It is a long day and you want to be smiling from start to finish. It is really hard to smile when your feet are killing you.
6. Buying because they are cheap. You get what you pay for! Don't spend thousands on a gown to then go for some nasty shoe because it is on sale. The risk is it won't last the day and will be uncomfortable.
7. Thinking they don't matter as they won't be seen. Trust us, they will, and photographers are big fans of accessory photos.
8. Forgetting to remove your price sticker from the sole. Oops how embarrassing. Take the opportunity to have some fun and put an I Do sticker on the sole.
9 Getting the wrong shoe for your wedding dress. If it is a fun gown make sure it is a fun shoe. Don't try to pair a lace shoe with a lace gown if they don't match. If you have a formal ball gown don't wear a sandal. Hopefully guidance from your bridal stylist will make sure you don't make a mistake that will just look odd on the wedding day. The right shoe with the right gown will add to and enhance your wedding day look.